Text courtesy of Pam Werre, Curriculum Materials Center Librarian, Minnesota State University Moorhead
Minnesota State University Moorhead is hiring an Executive Director of Library Services.
- Management, administration and human resources: Administer the library unit and supervise library faculty and one administrative assistant. Develop guidelines and policy recommendations for development, delivery, implementation and assessment of library. Exhibit strong communication skills. Work in collective bargaining unit settings.
- Oversee operating, salary, and revenue budgets for library
- Provide leadership and oversee strategic planning for the library
- Working with the MSUM Alumni Foundation, oversee fundraising, development, and grant acquisition activity
- Represent the university to various constituencies, which includes working with students, faculty, staff and other administrators. Includes travel and electronic communication to represent the university in a wide range of venues: regional meetings regarding libraries; state-wide consortia; Tri-College consortium, system- and statewide committees, regional networks, and national organizations
- Provide leadership on committees and task forces as assigned. Advocate to university through membership and participation on campus-wide committees. Serve on Administrative Council
- Serve as intellectual property office for the university and make recommendations regarding intellectual property policy. Advise faculty and staff regarding copyright and intellectual property. Oversee library privacy/confidentiality policies
- Serve as the chief supervisor of equipment and facilities assigned to, purchased by, or rented by the library. This includes responsibility for making decisions about the best use of the facilities and equipment
- Be sensitive in dealings with other personnel, visitors, and students, so that all are treated in a respectful, professional, and humane manner
- ALA Accredited Master's Degree in Library and Information Science and additional Master's or doctorate
- A record of scholarly achievement and productivity
- Five years of academic library administrative experience at the level of assistant director, director, or dean, including supervisory experience, long-range planning, budgeting, evaluation and assessment
- Knowledge of library technologies and trends. Library management knowledge. Knowledge of higher education technology trends. Ability to manage and lead collegially.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, faculty, and staff of diverse backgrounds including sensitivity to their needs and concerns
- A record of success with fundraising and grant writing. Experience within a collective bargaining setting.
For more information, visit the Minnesota State University Moorhead employment site.
Application deadline: September 7, 2018 or until filled.