Text courtesy of Merete Christianson, Health Sciences Librarian, North Dakota State University
NDSU Libraries is recruiting to fill a Library Associate position that will support the NDSU Nursing at Sanford program in Bismarck, ND. This essential paraprofessional position, under the supervision of the Health Sciences Librarian and with daily oversight from the Chair of Nursing in Bismarck, will oversee the use of library space and resources at the Bismarck Health Sciences Library as well as support student learning and research. The Library Associate’s responsibilities include communicating and partnering with Fargo student and faculty services to increase their visibility and usage in Bismarck, overseeing the use of library materials and space, providing basic reference services, processing course reserves located in Bismarck, maintaining the library space, and promoting the Libraries’ services and resources. The person in this position will also communicate and collaborate with Bismarck nursing faculty and complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Direct customer or patron service experience; demonstrated ability to provide friendly, constructive, and effective service to a variety of users.
- Telephone and office equipment skills.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrated experience initiating new partnerships and projects and bringing them to completion.
- Technological skills, including but not limited to Internet searching, word processing, and database and spreadsheet management, as well as willingness and ability to learn new technologies.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
To learn more and apply, visit the North Dakota State University careers website.
Application screening begins Dec. 1, 2019