As the 2020 Census draws near, State Library Services has partnered with the Minnesota State Demographic Center to provide support to Minnesota library staff in encouraging patrons to complete their 2020 Census forms. Because the 2020 Census will be available for completion online, people who lack internet connectivity, a device, and/or digital literacy skills may visit libraries for any of these three essentials.
Join us in February for a 2-hour workshop where we’ll become familiar with the 2020 Census forms, discuss how to respond to common patron questions about the Census, and review referral options for when patrons need more support with Census completion than the library is able to provide. This in-person workshop will be led by State Demographic Center staff and will be repeated six times:
- February 3 from 1:00 to 3:00 at Duluth Public Library (downtown)
- February 4 from 10:00 to 12:00 at Detroit Lakes Public Library
- February 6 from 1:00 to 3:00 at Northtown Library (Blaine)
- February 11 from 10:30 to 12:30 at Blue Earth County Library (Mankato)
- February 12 from 1:00 to 3:00 at Merriam Park Library (Saint Paul)
- February 13 from 9:00 to 11:00 at Heritage Library (Lakeville)
Advanced registration is required. Any staff who directly assist public patrons are especially encouraged to attend. These workshops may be particularly valuable for libraries in hard-to-count communities, which may be served by small or rural libraries. Many thanks to the libraries that will be hosting us in their meeting spaces!