On July 26, Gale will release the first in a series of experience and design changes across its portfolio of products. Here’s what you can expect:
- Smarter search results
- User-preferred interface
- Enhanced accessibility features
- Concise product names
These product enhancements are designed to increase access to library resources online and in the classroom, allowing a greater impact on user success.
Visit support.gale.com/product-enhancements to see how and when your resources may be enhanced. We are taking every effort to ensure these enhancements are released seamlessly to your end-users. While no action is required at this time, if your library subscribes to a product that will receive an enhanced user interface and/or a modified name, you may choose to take the additional steps outlined below. Unless otherwise noted, all materials referenced will be available from support.gale.com on July 26.
- Product icons – To create a consistent experience across all points of usage, update product icons to reflect the new look and name. Icons displayed using links from support.gale.com will update automatically.
- Marketing materials – Promote the benefits of these enhancements to users with free, downloadable marketing materials.
- A-Z list and Subject guide – Drive usage to your Gale resources effectively using guidelines for presenting product names alphabetically or by subject.
- MARC records – All existing URLs will continue to work, however, we recommend updating your MARC records to accurately reflect the new product names.
- Updated names will be reflected in the August MARC record update set delivered from the Gale MARC service.
- Gale In Context portal MARC records will be available for download on support.gale.com on July 26.
For a sneak peek at the upcoming changes, register for a live webinar:
Sneak Peek of Gale Product Enhancements
Thursday, July 18, 2019 from 1–1:30 PM ET
Learn more at gale.com/product-enhancements.