Films Media Group has released a new resource: Fashion Studies Video Collection.
Collection highlights include:
- The History of Style, Seasons 1–3 – 39 episodes covering a variety of topics in recent fashion history, including men’s fashion, style of the 1990s, footwear, bridal gowns, and controversial moments in runway history.
- 21st Century Designers, Seasons 1–4 – more than 50 videos showcasing the prolific artistry, signature trademarks, and brilliant minds behind fashion’s most venerated 21st-century designers, including Ralph Lauren, Michael Kors, and Stella McCartney.
- Videofashion Monthly (1981–1998) – a fashion magazine on video, covering more than 200 fashion shows a year and reporting from the world’s fashion capitals. Exclusive interviews cover the how-tos of fashion and lifestyle.
- 21st Century Designers—Videofashion Collections, Seasons 1–13 – more than 300 videos offering a front-row seat to the creative genius of New York, London, Milan, and Paris Fashion Weeks that set the fashion trends for spring/summer and autumn/winter. Videofashion Collections covers each major fashion show, complete with extensive and unparalleled VIP access to and interviews with designers, fashion editors, makeup artists, models, fashion luminaries, and celebrities.
- Designer Marathon, Seasons 1–6 – more than 75 episodes that map out career timelines of influential designers and design houses—including Dolce & Gabbana, Prada, Oscar de la Renta, Vera Wang, Calvin Klein, and Tommy Hilfiger—as they build their far-reaching fashion empires.
- A Stitch in Time – a 26-part series that looks at the history of 20th-century fashion in a unique way: through different garments and fashion trends that are explored in a tongue-in-cheek, yet informative, manner. With the help of rare archival images, the series shows how political, technological, cultural, and social changes have each affected the way we dress.
Titles within the collection are sorted across 17 distinct, browsable subject categories (e.g., History of Fashion, Fashion Designers), enabling refined searches for available titles in specific topic areas.
The collection has been added to the Career & Technical Education Collection; so, any current subscribers to the Career & Technical Education Collection will be able to access Fashion Studies. Fashion Studies can also be added on as a stand-alone subscription.
For trials and pricing contact Films Media Group rep Hayley Bloch.