Text courtesy of Nancy Marshall.
South Dakota State University’s Hilton M. Briggs Library welcomes applications for the position of First-Year Experience Librarian.
- Coordinates library curriculum and instructional activities for first-year courses including English 101, Speech 101, and University College 109/119 in close collaboration with other librarians and departmental program coordinators.
- Provides undergraduate instruction, particularly for English 101, Speech 101, UC 109/119, and other courses targeting first-year students.
- Works closely with other librarians in the creation, implementation, and assessment of learning objectives for first-year information literacy initiatives.
- Engages in outreach and collaboration with key campus partners that support the first-year experience, e.g., student success, tutoring centers, admissions, and other areas of SDSU.
- Provides liaison, outreach, and support to assigned departments and provides reference service and research consultations with students and faculty at a general service desk, including staffing weekend and evening shifts as assigned.
- Designs and produces instructional materials in various formats, including online tutorials, user guides, and training materials to meet a variety of student needs.
For a complete list of responsibilities, summary of the minimum and preferred qualifications, the application deadline, contact information, questions on the position, and to apply, visit the South Dakota Board of Regents Employment website, search for the position, and follow the electronic application process. For questions on the electronic employment process, contact SDSU Human Resources at (605) 688-4128. SDSU is an AA/EEO employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For questions on the position, contact Linda Kott at email@example.com.