Skip to main content

Quick Summary

The Minnesota Digital Library is happy to announce the addition of new content to the Northwestern Health Sciences University's collection. Their new contribution of historic photographs more than doubles the size of their collection. 

Body

The Minnesota Digital Library is happy to announce the addition of new content to the Northwestern Health Sciences University's collection. Their new contribution of historic photographs more than doubles the size of their collection. The images they shared help to document the history of the University - including its previous locations, name changes, and evolving medical programs. Many of these images show students in hand-on training and learning situations. 

Northwestern Health Sciences University is the premier provider of complementary and integrative health degrees in Minnesota. Approximately 750 students are enrolled in chiropractic, acupuncture and Oriental medicine, massage therapy and undergraduate health sciences programs. The university was founded in 1941 with its mission to prepare the next generation of healthcare professionals to deliver and advance health care. Founded in 1941, Northwestern College of Chiropractic was located on Nicollet Avenue in downtown Minneapolis from 1941 to 1950. In 1950 it relocated to Park Avenue in south Minneapolis where it remained until moving to Mississippi Blvd. in 1974. In 1983 the school moved again to its Bloomington, Minnesota location and changed its name to Northwestern Health Sciences University in 1999. The photographs in the Minnesota Reflections document the university's history through 70-plus years on four different campuses.

View the collection here. 
 

Written by

Greta Bahnemann
Metadata Librarian, Minnesota Digital Library
Minnesota Digital Library logo.

Historical content from Minnesota's cultural heritage organizations, all in one place