On Friday, June 26, at the ALA Annual Conference in San Francisco, the CRL PAN (Center for Research Libraries’ Print Archive Network Forum) held their meeting, to promote cooperative, strategic preservation and management of print. Five speakers gave reports about nationwide shared print projects and local projects. Tom Delaney (Colorado State University Libraries), Dennis Massie (OCLC), and Steve Spohn (Massachusetts Library System) participated in a panel discussion on trends in resource sharing. Jacob Nadal (Princeton University) moderated the panel.
The meeting began with two reports on collections shared nationwide:
- Print Archives and Preservation Registry (PAPR) Summit II, Amy Wood (CRL). The summit helped CRL gather input on furthering support of shared serial collections and shared research collections.
- HathiTrust Print Monograph Archive Planning Task Force Final Report (PDF, 47 pages), Tom Teper (Task Force Chair).
The final three reports were about more local projects.
- JRNL Database, Judy Russell (University of Florida).
- Preservation Self-Assessment Program (PSAP), Jamie Wittenberg (University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign).
- Registration of Large Retention Commitments, Katie Birch (OCLC).
The meeting agenda, reports, and more are available for your review on the CRL website.