In the January Digitization, Cataloging & Metadata Mailing, we asked staff to reflect back on 2015 and/or look ahead at what's coming in 2016, so you will find a number of editorials in this issue. Here's what's included this month:
- New staff, new name, new projects: Oh my!
- The value of libraries at ALA Midwinter 2016
- Reflections on the first year
Cataloging & Metadata
- Free webinar from American Libraries Live: Introducing RDA
- Contract Cataloging completes exciting project
Digitization & Preservation
- Save the date for the 2016 MDL Annual Meeting
- From the PLPP to community scanning and digital storytelling
- The first year
- MDL staff member participates in national geospatial metadata effort
- 2016 calendars from the Minnesota Digital Library
- New contributions to Minnesota Reflections Collections
- Duluth Public Library
- Saint Paul Almanac
One of the great things about the Contract Cataloging program is the service we are able to provide to users. We recently completed a somewhat unusual project with the College of St. Benedict/St.
2015 was a busy and fun year for me as I worked with lots of great people on the MDL/DPLA Public Library Partnership Proje
As I look back on my first full year with the Minnesota Digital Library, I am struck yet again by the richness of resources held in collections all across our state.
Since July of 2013, I have been a member of the Mountain West Digital Library's Geospatial Discovery Task Force.
We have plenty of 2016 calendars available that feature images from Minnesota Reflections, the Minnesota Digital Library's premier project. If you would like to give them out at your local library, please don't hesitate to order 50, 100, or more to give away. Place your free order online here.
The Minnesota Digital Library is pleased to announce the inclusion of two new editions of the Saint Paul Almanac - for the years 2015 and 2016.