Text courtesy of Alec Sonsteby, Associate Professor and Librarian, Metropolitan State University
Metropolitan State University, a vibrant and growing public, urban university, is seeking applications for one 4-credit Community (adjunct) Faculty position within the Library and Information Services Department beginning January or February 2020 for spring semester. Fulfillment of the contract requires working about 2 days each week of the spring term. Successful applicants may be rehired as needed on a semester-by-semester basis.
- Provide reference service in person, by phone, by email, and via chat, which may include some evening or weekend work.
- Provide support in the use of library and information resources.
- May work with the Library’s social media team or assist the Library’s Events Committee.
- Work on special projects that may include developing or updating instructional materials, investigating and recommending new technologies or student-centered services, or collection-related initiatives.
- LA-accredited master’s degree in library or information science earned no later than January 6, 2020.
- Experience providing reference service and research services.
- Communication skills (written & verbal) to communicate with a variety of persons and groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Experience providing public service in an academic library.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Flexibility and the ability to work positively in a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Experience developing online information literacy tutorials, modules, learning objects, etc.
- Commitment to user-centered library services.
- Interest in new and emerging technologies and their applications in academic libraries.
To apply, go to the Metropolitan State University website.
*To comply with privacy and data practices requirements, please refrain from including personal information or photographs in your application materials.
Applications must be received by 11:59 PM on Closing Date: December 16, 2019
Qualified applicants are required to attach the following documents to their online application:
- Cover letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position;
- Current curriculum vita or resume;
- Names of four (4) references with addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers; at least two (2) of the references must be able to address teaching effectiveness;
- Transcripts – Valid unofficial copies of your transcript showing conferred/awarded date of your highest attained degree, with your name and the academic institution’s name/logo are required.
If you have other questions related to this job announcement, please contact the Human Resources Division at Human.Resources@metrostate.edu or 651-793-1275.
For TTY, call Minnesota Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS) at 7-1-1 or 1-800-627-3529.